Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 4 New Artwork

Inspiration for new work
This is what I based my picture on.
Our assignment for Monday was to be inspired by one of our 10 pieces of art, and we were to make a new piece of art based on that piece. I choose a clay head I did of one of the characters I created named Kay. She is kind of a punk rocker so I wanted to create something that would reflect her persona. I looked online for ideas of album art because she is a musician. After looking at a Green Day picture I based my picture on that.
  The craft that I used for this piece were colored pencils and an index card.
My concept for this piece came from a clay head I made of a character I created myself. Her name is Kayleen or Kay.She is sort of a punk rocker so I wanted to show it in the piece. I took a picture from a popular band, and I made it look similar to it.
My composition is that I want you to focus on her in the center of the flame by coloring her in a darker color. I want to make the head look like it was graffiti on a wall, but i don't want all the attention on it, but your eye still looks at it.
Finished piece in frame
I drew one version of her with triangle eyes. This is because I wanted a non-realistic version of her while playing guitar, and it makes her look like she is into the song. Then I wanted the head part to look like it was spray painted on like a sort of stenciled graffiti look. That is why the name is like that too. I put it inside a black frame because it brings out the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment